Wednesday, May 9, 2007

290 dollars in a dirty pant

I always check the pockets of my clothes before I toss them into the laundry basket. That was exactly what I was doing today, when suddenly, I found a stash of money in one of them. Guess how much was it. It was two hundreds and ninety dollars!!!

I was more surprised than happy. I couldn't remember where that money come from and that freaked me. It must have been one of my salaries. But how could I have been so negligent? It must have been months since that money was there because I couldn't even remember how I got that money. So I decided I would take the money straight to the bank.

But the problem was, I was almost already late for work. But I had made up my mind. I couldn't be so careless with my hard-earned money. So with this spirit of self-improvement, I called work at told that I will be a little late called the work to tell them I will be a little late and went straight to the bank to deposit the money.

After depositing the money, I went straight to work. I told one of my friends there that I found two hundred ninety dollars in my dirty clothes. He was nagging me for a treat when my cell phone rang. It was my room partner. I was eager to tell him about my fortune, but he cut me short. He asked me If I found his money.

"Your money...huh...money?"

"Ya, I had about 300 in one of my pant, did you find it by any chance?"

So that was where the money had come. I couldn't remember how I got that money, because I never really got that. The pant that I found belonged to my room partner. You know how it is right, All the jeans pant look basically the same. I was so embarrassed...and out of words, I found it hard to explain him how I got his money.